I liked Corta Madera because we got to ride a taxi cab to school. That was the transportation the school provided. It was actually a taxi/bus sort of thing, but we thought it was special. I remember waitiing for the taxi before school in the freezing cold, in our little dresses and we were FREEZING! We used to stand next to the laundromat where the dryers exhaust came out to warm our little legs.
I remember there one time Lynn was babysitting while Mom and Dad went out, and when they came home, they were so mad that we were still awake, they said they would spank every one of us for not going to bed when we were supposed to. So they spanked Lynn with a brush and then Anne, but the brush broke on Anne and everyone started laughing, so the rest of us escaped the spanking.
I had a most wonderful Sunday School teacher there. We were there a very short time, but I remember that she had taught the kids how to govern and behave themselves without her constant reminders. We were 8 yrs old. One Sunday she was slow coming to class, but the class president said, Well, I don't know why she is late, but we might as well start, so he called on someone for the prayer, we did some other things she had the kids do, and we prepared for the lesson, and then she came in. Before she started the lesson, she said, "Did I see someone take 2 servings of the Sacrament?" And everyone said no, but she waited, and then one kids said, "Oh! I took 2 cups, but that's cause the first one was empty." And the teacher thanked her and we went on with the lesson. When we moved, she gave me a copy of the New Testament and wrote a dedication in it. I always wanted to be a great teacher like her.
Friday, February 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Machine recreation sales for the 우리카지노 month had been round KRW1
Two such cases 우리카지노 occurred in casinos in Colorado in 2010, where software errors led to indicated jackpots of $11 million and $forty two million
Post a Comment