Sunday, March 30, 2008

Campbell

We lived in Campbell while Mom and Dad looked for a house. It was a very nice trailer park, right off the freeway, and it had a wonderful swimming pool where we practically lived. I think we were only there through the summer, about 1962?

I found a boyfriend in the park. His name was Roy Flowers. He was an athlete, and I thought he was quite good looking, and he wrote me poetry. I tried to take him to Church with me, but his parents were very strict, and said if he wanted to visit Churches, he would have to visit a variety, not just one. So I went with him to another church, and after he said, "well that was nice, did you like that church?" I said, "Well, I really don't know anything about it. What authority do they claim to have, and where did they get it? Do they baptize the way Christ was baptized? Do they claim to receive revelation from God? Do they have Prophets, apostles, etc.? and on and on. He said he never thought of all that and was impressed that I knew so much. I decided after that, that if he wanted to visit other churches, he could go by himself. I already had my true Church.

The funny thing about being back in CA after living in the south, was trying to get used to the freeways. It seemed we always passed our exit before we knew that we needed to take it, and spent more time turning around and going back to where we were, than we spent actually doing anything.

When Mom and Dad bought our house in Santa Clara, they paid $13,000. It was such a huge sum at the time and there were houses in Los Altos, that were part of our Stake, that were like mansions - they cost $50,000. An unheard of amount of money!

No comments: