Sunday, March 30, 2008

Redwood City

We lived in Redwood City in a trailer park that was on Highway 101, otherwise known as "bloody Bayshore" I think it was a dumpy little trailer park, but we managed to have a lot of fun. There were big cement cylinders behind it where we would climb in, on, and around endlessly. The park had bathrooms by the laundry that were pretty dirty. I remember sitting in there listening to the flies. You had to move constantly to keep the flies off you. Occasionally I would try to hold still to see how many would land on me at one time, but I never could stand it very long, and there seemed to be no end to how many were in there. Yuck!

A funny thing is that the park manager couldn't tell Anne and I apart. He used to yell at me and say "I already told you not to do that."

Redwood City is where I got baptized. It was a cold fall evening, and was raining hard. I can remember driving through the heavy rain to the Stake Center. I remember a big round font that looked like a giant pot to me, and the water heater seemed not to be working, because people were boiling water on the stove, and bringing big pots and pouring them into the font.

There were quite a few being baptized that night, and when it was my turn, I felt so little. The water was very warm and very nice. It is a wonderful memory to me - I get a very happy feeling whenever I think about it.

No comments: