Friday, November 9, 2007

Cross Country

We headed from California on a trip across the country, bound for Philadelphia. I think it was our old Caddie which pulled the trailer loaded with all our stuff. As I recall, we stopped for a few days in Utah, then headed out into the great unknown. I think we had maps that we would mark our progress as we went. I remember driving through a spectacular lightening storm somewhere possibly Nebraska. And in Cheyenne, Carma made a joke about "Shy Anne". I think we went to church there.

Our bikes were piled on our beds, and when we stopped for the night, we took them off so we had a place to sleep. Was it on this trip that we kept dry ice in the fridge, and after a while the grapes started tasting carbonated?

The car broke down when we were almost there, and I guess it got fixed, because we finally arrived and parked the trailer in a trailer park and got the kids enrolled in school.

No comments: