Thursday, January 17, 2008

Everett

Not many of us have memories of Everett. Arlene was too little, Paul and Carma weren't born yet. I don't know what Lynn remembers, but here are my only memories.

I have a dim memory of jumping in a hayloft. We may have jumped from something or just been jumping in the hay in a barn. I don't know where this would have been. But I remember being very itchy afterward.

I also remember deciding to ride my trike down the stairs between the 2nd level and 1st level of the house. And it didn't work out too well. Crashing, tumbling, crying. I don't remember landing at the bottom, but I do remember being at the top looking down, and deciding to go for it.

Mom and Dad used to tell a story about Lynn. They said he had a very deep voice for such a little kid. So they would get him to repeat things they told him to say. They had a friend named Bud, and they would get Lynn to say, "Bud's nuts!". Lynn would say it to Bud, in that little-boy deep voice, and everybody would think it was hilarious.

No comments: